Prepared By Theresa
Notice the "Mommy's Time Out" bottle of wine on the table :)The night couldn't have ended any better with this delightful Pink Champagne Cake. This cake would be wonderful for Valentine's Day, Baby Shower, Bridal Shower, Easter, a special birthday, etc. It is light and fluffy and just delightful to look at (and of course eat!).
- 1 Duncan Hines Classic White Cake Mix (without pudding in the mix)
- 1 1/3 Cups Pink or Rose Champagne
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 3 Large Egg Whites
- 3 Drops of red food coloring
- Champagne, chilled (pink, white, sweet, or dry)
- Prepare cake mix according to instructions substituting the champagne for the water. The kind of champagne/sparkling wine (pink, white, sweet, dry) used will determine the flavor.
- Tint with red food coloring to a soft pink, use a drop at a time, about 3 drops.
- Bake cake as instructed on box. I usually make in 9x13-inch pan, but for an elegant layer cake use two 9 round cake pans, a heart pan would be perfect for Valentine's Day!
• 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
• 4 cups powdered sugar
• 1/4 cup milk
• 1/4 cup champagne
• 1 tablespoon vanilla
• Pinch of salt
• 3 - 4 cups additional powdered sugar
Beat 1 cup softened butter until creamy. Gradually add 4 cups powdered sugar; add ¼ cup milk, 1/4 cup champagne, salt, and 1 TB vanilla. Add red coloring till pink color, again slowly add a drop at a time till color you want. Beat in remaining cups powdered sugar till you can spread it or is consistency you want.
Frost completely cooled cake.