Prepare By Cathy
This Sweet Potato Soup recipe is perfect on a cold winter day and can found over at Allrecipes.com .. an all time Taste Tempters favorite recipe website.
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 white potatoes
- 1 turnip
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Peel and cut vegetables into small, uniform pieces. Place in a pot, and cover with the chicken stock; use only the amount of stock needed to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook until vegetables are tender.
- Place vegetables and liquid into a food processor. Puree.
- Return pureed vegetables to the saucepan. Slowly stir in the cream, brown sugar, nutmeg, and butter. Add salt and pepper to taste.