Prepared by Kathy
This Chipotle Chicken & Tomato Soup recipe is from RecipeGirl.com. Be sure to check out RecipeGirl.com for a wide variety of wonderful recipes.
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- One 15.5-ounce can navy beans, rinsed and drained
- One 14.5-ounce can no-salt-added stewed tomatoes (NOTE: I used petite diced tomatoes with green chilies instead of this)
- One 14-ounce can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth (NOTE: I used vegetable broth instead of this)
- 1 whole chipotle chile, canned in adobo sauce, finely chopped (NOTE: I used 1/2 Chipotle sauce instead of this)
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast (about ½ pound)
- 1 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup reduced-fat sour cream
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
Combine first 5 ingredients in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Partially mash tomatoes and beans with a potato masher. Stir in chicken; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat; stir in oil. Place 1¼ cups soup in each of four bowls. Top each serving with 2 Tablespoons sour cream and 1 Tablespoon cilantro.