Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Pear Salad with Raspberry Cream Dressing
* 3/4 cup sour cream
* 1/4 cup raspberry preserves
* 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar (I used Raspberry Blush Vinegar)
* 1/8 teaspoon Dijon mustard
* 4 firm, ripe pears
* 2 tablespoons lemon juice
* 1 head Bibb lettuce, torn
* 1 small head romaine lettuce, torn
* 1/2 cup freshly shredded Parmesan or Asiago cheese
* 1/2 cup Caramelized Pecans (another variation is to replace nuts with 6 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled)
* 1/2 cup fresh raspberries (I'm substituting with dried cranberries)
1. Whisk together first 4 ingredients. Set dressing aside.
2. Peel pears, if desired; quarter pears. Brush with lemon juice.
3. Arrange lettuce on 4 plates. Arrange pear quarters over lettuce. Drizzle with dressing; sprinkle with cheese, nuts (or bacon), and raspberries.