great main dish, appetizer, or for a breakfast or brunch
These Mini Taco Quiches were made by Kelly and were served at our Taste Tempters Cinco De Mayo dinner night that was hosted by Jenny in April.
Mini Taco Quiches
- 4 Flour Tortillas
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (hamburger)
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 (3-ounce) can chopped chile peppers (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder*
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or Monterey jack cheese
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- Toppings (see below)
- Chopped tomato
- Shredded lettuce
- Sour Cream
- Sliced black olives
- Hot Sauce or Salsa
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a Quiche Dish. Line the quiche dish with the flour tortillas, tearing to fit and slightly over laying them. NOTE: Only use one (1) layer of tortillas in the quiche dish. For individual quiches see directions below.
- In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, sauté the ground beef and onions until the beef is cooked; remove from heat and drain of any excess fat and discard. Add garlic, chile peppers, chili powder, salt, oregano, and cumin; stirring to combine the ingredients. Spoon the ground beef mixture into the tortilla-lined quiche pan.
- Spoon the shredded cheese over the meat mixture.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs well. Blend in the sour cream. Pour egg mixture on top of the cheese in the quiche pan.
- Baked approximately 45 to 50 minutes or until the internal temperature registers at least 160 degrees F. on your cooking thermometer and the filling is set.
- Using a 4-inch round cookie cutter, cut each flour tortilla into 3 rounds. Fit tortilla rounds into prepared muffin cups.
- Fill each tortilla filled muffin cup with 1/4 cup meat mixture Spoon 2 tbps the shredded cheese over the meat mixture.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs well. Blend in the sour cream. Pour 1/4 cup egg mixture on top of the cheese in the quiche pan.
- Baked approximately 30 to 45 minutes or until the internal temperature registers at least 160 degrees F. on your cooking thermometer and the filling is set.
Mini Taco Quiches