- 6 pounds baby back pork ribs (I bought mine at Butcher Boy on Taft Ave in Endwell)
- 1 1/2 cups White sugar
- 1/4 cup Salt
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. Ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp Sweet paprika (I used about 4 tbsp)
- 1 tsp Cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 2 Tbsp Garlic powder
- 1-2 tsp chili powder (optional - can't remember exactly what I used)
1. Clean the ribs, and trim away any excess fat. In a medium bowl, stir together the sugar, 1/4 cup salt, ground black pepper, paprika, 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, and garlic powder. Coat ribs liberally with spice mix. Place the ribs a large dish, laying ribs next to each other in the dish.Cover, and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
2. Remove ribs from the refrigerator. Wrap each rack of ribs in heavy duty foil (2x). Very important to wrap tightly so it doesn't drip while cooking.
3. Preheat oven to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C). Bake uncovered for 3 to 4 hours, or until the ribs are tender and nearly fall apart. We like the top of the ribs to be a bit crispy so I placed each foil package of ribs on a cookie sheet and opened each foil pack so the ribs were exposed and baked another hour. You can keep them warm in an electric roaster or crockpot.
Note: I doubled this recipe and had some dry rub left over (I made about 15 lbs of baby back ribs)