1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 servings)
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 heaping teaspoon grated gingeroot
- 3/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1. Reserve 3 tablespoons mixture for dipping sauce; cover and refrigerate
2. Add 2 tablespoons water to marinade and pour over Chicken.
3. Cover; marinate in refrigerator at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours, stirring mixture occasionally. (very salty if marinated overnight)
Bring to boil over Medium-high heat stirring constantly:
- 3 tablespoons reserved soy sauce mixture
- 3/4 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk or Coco Goya Cream of Coconut (I prefer Sweetened Coconut Milk – stronger Coconut flavor & sweeter taste)
- 2 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
Grill or Bake Chicken in oven
1. Soak 8 (10- to 12-inch) bamboo skewers 20 minutes in cold water to prevent them from burning; drain. Prepare grill for direct cooking.
2. Drain chicken; reserve marinade. Weave 3 to 4 chicken strips accordion-style onto each skewer.
3. Brush chicken. Discard remaining marinade.
4. Grill skewers on uncovered grill over medium-hot coals 6 to 8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning halfway through grilling time or bake at 350 in oven.
Serve with warm peanut sauce for dipping.