Granny's Cut-Out Cookies
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
Sift & Add:
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
2 cup flour
Roll, Cut, and bake on cookie sheet at 350 degrees for 6 to 8 minutes (cooking time depends on how thick you roll out the dough. You want them to be a very light golden color on the bottom). I frost them and then freeze them. They seem to taste better after they freeze.
And you can never have too many Peanut Butter Blossoms:
- 48 HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup REESE'S Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Granulated sugar
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Remove wrappers from chocolates.
2. Beat shortening and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended. Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.
3. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately press a chocolate into center of each cookie; cookie will crack around edges. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. About 4 dozen cookies.
Leave us a comment and let us know about your family cookie traditions.