Prepared By Kelly
"I have always wanted to attempt to capture "Chat-a-Wyle's" pasta salad and I think I may have found it" ... Kelly
Sweet & Sour Pasta Salad
* 1 (16 ounce) package tricolor spiral pasta
* 1 medium red onion, chopped
* 1 medium tomato, chopped
* 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
* 1 medium green pepper, chopped
* 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
* 1 1/2 cups sugar
* 1/2 cup vinegar
* 1 tablespoon ground mustard
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon garlic powder
1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold water. Place in a large serving bowl. Add the onion, tomato, cucumber, green pepper and parsley; set aside.
2. In a saucepan, combine the dressing ingredients. Cook over medium-low heat for 10 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon.